MAINTENANCE & RELIABILITY MANAGER
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance & Reliability Leader to join our Cellulose team in Memphis, Tennessee. The Maintenance & Reliability Leader is responsible for planning, directing, and guiding the business goals, plans, and processes for the maintenance department. This leader will use knowledge to develop and carry out objectives, solve problems, and be able to respond to short-term as well as long term department mill goals.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure that the mill maintenance is meeting the objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service. The candidate will lead and support preventative maintenance programs, and provide technical support for troubleshooting, to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies.
***This role is offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus***
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop key business relationships and being a strategic part of the mill leadership team
- Partner closely with Operations Manager to advance mill priorities and achieve results
- Accountability for employee and organizational development plans and people management strategies.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills to motivate and develop a team of salaried and hourly employees to continuously improve performance of the business.
- Demonstrate functional leadership skills to engage a workforce with a diverse background of knowledge & experience
- Foster and develop culture based on our Market Based Management (MBM) Philosophy.
- Demonstrate strong functional knowledge of maintaining equipment used in the paper manufacturing process
- Responsible for establishing and administering maintenance expenses and capital work and managing against plans including explanation of variances
- Ensure the facility’s electrical and mechanical systems are operating reliably, efficiently, and compliant with all safety guidelines and government regulations
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering degree preferred) OR a minimum of seven (7) or more years of equivalent work experience in industrial management and manufacturing, production operations management or military experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a maintenance field
- A minimum of 7 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Basic financial and statistical skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel – (sorting data, creating tables and creating graphs); Outlook – (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); Word – (document creation/editing); PowerPoint – (presentation creation/editing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in a maintenance field
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Experience in Union environment
- Industrial electrical experience
- Experience implementing precision maintenance techniques to improve equipment reliability
- Experience with repairing/troubleshooting pumps, gearboxes, paper machine rolls, mechanical drive systems (conveyors, line shafts, drag chains), steam turbines, PLCs, high voltage (480V), & AC/DC drives
- Experience leading improvement efforts in reliability, predictive and preventative maintenance
- Experience leading root cause failure analysis
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com