Capital Projects Manager
Georgia-Pacific is searching for a Capital Projects Manager to join the Dry End Center of Excellence team. This role will lead and manage the development and execution of large (>$20 million) capital projects within converting for the Tissue, Towel, Napkin and Dixie product streams.
This is a remote based role that will support the southeast region, with up to 50% travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and execute capital projects with full responsibility for managing scope, schedule, and estimates while applying judgment, initiative, economic and critical thinking skills
- Develop and evaluate alternatives that provide the best long-term value creation solution, coordinating with the Facility, Business, Engineering, Sourcing and Legal teams
- Coordinate comprehensive project execution plan, including but not limited to design, activities for partners, risk mitigation, budget and schedule planning
- Partner with procurement and sourcing teams to align on project strategies for equipment, construction contracting strategies, including bidding, cost evaluation, selection, and award
- Manage third parties including but not limited to outside consultants, contractors, and technical resources
- Communicate with operating departments, capability groups, maintenance and engineering to determine opportunities to add value to the facility/company and recommend/implement solutions
- Manage the execution of checkout and start-up activities and lead post completion project audits
- Apply effective project controls in capital execution, including estimating, scheduling, cost engineering, forecasting, management of change (Including proper use of challenge process) and reporting
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 7+ years of project management experience OR in lieu of a degree, 10+ years of project management experience
- Project or operations work experience in the paper converting, food and beverage or a consumer products industry
- Experience with executing large capital projects over $10 million (single or multiple projects)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Process controls with material handling experience
- Experience working in the pulp and paper industry
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf