Are you motivated, safety-oriented and looking for a change? Then, look no further, Georgia-Pacific is looking for someone like you!
Georgia-Pacific is looking to hire efficient and safety-focused Material Handlers for our manufacturing facility in Leominster, MA. Material Handlers create value by facilitating the movement of product through the facility to ensure accurate and timely delivery of our products to both internal and external customers. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong commitment to safety standards and knowledge of forklift operations.
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby.
The Leominster, MA facility manufactures Dixie® Cutlery which is used in homes and businesses across the country.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operates forklift and conduct required pre-operating checks on forklift equipment daily
- Rotate and store raw materials and finished goods using FIFO (First In/First Out) inventory management system
- Monitor raw material levels daily including boxes, corrugate, poly bags, film, and tape
- Safely operate clamp truck and/or other machinery to complete tasks such as moving raw materials, removing finished goods from manufacturing floor, stacking at heights of 10 to 18 feet, and loading/unloading product
- Conduct daily cycle counts of raw materials and finished goods
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high-volume environment
- Support our strict adherence to a safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience using a computer
- One (1) or more years of experience operating a forklift
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, or industrial environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf