Do you want to be a part of a team that creates value by performing preventative and corrective maintenance to increase uptime and reliability? If so, then we may have an opportunity for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking Electrical Technicians for our Gypsum facility in Lovell, WY. We are looking for individuals with experience in troubleshooting and repairing electric/electronic and mechanical equipment. A successful candidate will consistently demonstrate safe work practices while maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment, be detailed oriented, and self-directed. Also, a candidate must be willing and able to work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed while performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day.
The Lovell, WY facility produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Wallboard is an affordable, strong and durable construction material used in residential and commercial buildings. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. And, to learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining industrial equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Performing preventive maintenance duties on equipment to ensure safe and reliable performance
- Assisting other operators and team members with troubleshooting machinery to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Collaborating with operations to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Learning technical skills to keep current with changing operations
- Providing feedback on equipment conditions, potential failure risks, corrections and additions to job plans
- Recording work results and parts usage in the computerized maintenance management system
- Maintaining all safety guards on equipment and following the lockout/tag out procedures to promote a safe working environment for employees
The Experience You Will Bring
- Two (2) year technical degree in Maintenance Mechanics or Industrial Maintenance Technology or two (2) or more years of electrical/mechanical experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience troubleshooting electrical and instrument control systems and maintenance support equipment such as motor controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), AC drives, and low voltage switchgear
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and NFPA 70E standards
- Experience interpreting electrical schematics and drawings
What Will Put You Ahead
- Four (4) or more years of experience as an Industrial Electrician and/or Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience diagnosing mechanical and electronic systems using scanning and diagnostic tools, multimeters and computers
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors
- Experience measuring, cutting, and bending conduit
- Journeyman Electrical License
- Experience utilizing a computerized maintenance management system
- Solid knowledge of PLC programming
- Experience with Burner Management Systems
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com