Senior Application Developer
Koch Ag & Energy Solutions, LLC. (KAES) is seeking a Senior Application Developer for our Mid and Back Office tower, supporting the Finance, Accounting, Credit and Market Risk capabilities. KAES and its subsidiaries market and distribute more than 13 million tons of fertilizer products annually worldwide. From an IT perspective, this creates a wealth of opportunities to develop and apply your skills and to explore a variety of career paths. This role will collaborate cross-functionally with the Mid and Back Office tower, the architecture team, and other teams across KAES to deliver transformational business outcomes. The ideal candidate is experienced in implementing modern cloud-based platforms and tools.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Serve as Senior Applications Developer to support on-going projects as well as develop customized applications
- Serve as a senior resource for Back Office team to help with planning, estimates, and backlog grooming
- Serve as a senior resource for developers across towers and global/off-shore developers and participate in steering teams for developer tools and initiatives
- Work with analysts and architects to create design documents for system integrations and provide development estimates on a task level
- Implement and develop best practices within microservices and full stack applications supported by the tower
- Analyze, identify risks, and provide technical direction for current and future applications and services supported by the tower
- Identify and experiment with cloud native technology solutions to enable business transformation
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 3 years of application development experience
- At least 5 years of software development experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years' experience implementing technology in a support of Finance, Accounting, Credit and/or Market Risk capabilities
- Experience with Amazon Web Services products and tools, such as Lambda, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, EventBridge, DynamoDB, Redshift and S3
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker Experience with development technologies such as Node.JS, Typescript, Python, and React
- Experience with analytics tools and concepts such as Data warehouses, Data lakes, Tableau, Alteryx, Matillion, AtScale and/or PowerBI
- Experience implementing and designing microservices and event driven architecture
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies, processes and tools
- Knowledge of and/or experience with mark-to-market accounting principles
- Experience managing or working with off-shore teams
- Experience working as a lead/senior developer
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com