Test Automation Engineer - Optical Solutions
This position may be located in Fremont, Bridgewater (NJ) or Ottawa (Canada). We offer a flexible work environment. Relocation will be included.
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplification technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software design capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Fremont, we serve global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support 5G Networks.
We are looking for a Test Automation Software Developer. This person will enhance testing software development for advanced optical modules. This person will use C/C++ in order to develop testing tools for pre and post design testing. This person will work with engineers for test appropriate testing in order to get the appropriate outputs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design, develop and deploy testing automation software solutions for advanced optical communication modules
- Work closely with optical, electrical and firmware engineer on DFT/DFM throughout product development lifecycle
- Work with product design team on design verification test plan, test platform development.
- Work with NPI and manufacturing teams to support product calibration, manufacturing tests, process management and optimization.
- Write drivers for optical testing and manufacturing equipment such as optical power meters, optical spectrum analyzers, motion controllers, etc.
- Communicate issues and solutions when problems arise and track issues in Jira.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree in Computer science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with C/C++, C# development experience in PC based test software.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with product design verification procedure and platform development
- Experience writing device drivers for test equipment in common communication protocols: RS232, USB, GPIB, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience with data modelling and processing
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in embedded software development in Telecom or DataCom industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com