Firmware Engineer - Optical Solutions
This job posting is no longer active.
This position may be located in Fremont, Bridgewater (NJ) or Ottawa (Canada). We offer a flexible work environment. Relocation will be included.
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplification technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software design capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Fremont, we serve global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support 5G Networks.
We are looking for a Firmware Engineer to join our team. This team is responsible for developing and enhancing firmware development for advanced optical modules. This person will be working on optical modules, such as: erbium-doped fiber amplifier (EDFA), optical time-domain reflectometer (OTDR), OCM and other optoelectronic instruments. Our modules are designed for high-performance, flexible-spectrum WDM network applications.
This person will work with multi-discipline teams including: electrical, mechanical and optical engineering teams.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work with global teams on firmware development and verification for optical network module and subsystem.
- Work closely with hardware and FPGA teams on key component selection, functionality implementation, product bring up, and troubleshooting.
- Work with product testing team on design verification test plan, test platform development.
- Work with NPI and manufacturing teams to support product calibration, manufacturing tests, process management and optimization.
- Provide remote and onsite technical support to global customers.
- Develop engineering documentation and review with cross functional teams.
- Work with software architect on software system architecture with innovative solutions that meet customer’s challenging requirements on product performance and delivery schedule.
- Work with marketing and internal multi-discipline design team to contribute on product planning and specification.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree in Computer science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in C programming on micro-controllers and micro-processors (such as 80C51, ARM Cortex, DSP)
- Experience with real time operating system (RTOS), ability to apply critical principles to micro-kernel design without RTOS
- Experience in common communication protocols (such as RS232, I2C, SPI, MDIO, USB, PCIe, Ethernet)
- Experience reading schematics and implement close loop PID control of hardware devices
- Experience in software project management
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in embedded software development in Telecom or DataCom industry
- Experience of desktop applications development using Microsoft Visual C++/C#, Python
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.