Manager of Accounting (Internal Financial Controls)
This job posting is no longer active.
We are seeking a Manager of Accounting (Internal Financial Controls) This role will create value by strengthening and developing the Internal Financial Control Environment at Georgia-Pacific’s manufacturing locations. The ideal candidate will reside in Oklahoma City or the larger surrounding area. This position will participate in high visibility projects to drive continuous transformation and improvement of the company's control environment. The role will interface with leaders across numerous business processes and capabilities. The role will influence many different levels of our organization and they will need to be able to lead others to understand the importance of internal control to non-accounting personnel. A successful candidate must have a desire to educate others. This position will also support the Controller’s Leadership team and the Corporate Internal Financial Controls (IFC) and Compliance program through coordination of self-assessments, peer reviews, roundtable discussions, and knowledge shares between business segments.
This role provides the opportunity to gain excellent knowledge of the key drivers of success for the organization across business segments. The experience gained through this position will provide an excellent platform for future career growth within the company. The successful candidate must be self-directed, able to manage multiple projects, seek out opportunities to create value by streamlining processes, setting priorities and meeting deadlines. If you have a strong aptitude and desire for problem solving, adopting and promoting the use of new technologies, learning new systems, and improving processes through automation - we want to hear from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
In this Key role for the Organization, overall responsibilities will include:
- Effectively communicating the Internal Control framework to the manufacturing locations.
- Evaluating the Internal Financial Control environment at our manufacturing locations.
- Partnering with the Business to learn business processes and identify risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Working closely with the manufacturing locations to rapidly close control gaps in our control environment.
- Documenting internal control metrics to measure the Internal Control environment effectiveness.
Additionally, the Manager of Accounting IFC will have to the ability to successfully:
- Evaluate Business processes to identify risks and gaps; develop risk management plans.
- Communicate testing status, results, observations, and improvement recommendations to the Business.
- Participate in or lead IFC Peer reviews at manufacturing locations.
- Participate in creating the actions plans to close IFC gaps.
- Lead/Assist in preparing formal written reports to communicate peer review results to leadership.
- Take on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Coach and develop less experienced staff
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business
- At least 5 years of experience in an Accounting, Audit, or Financial Analysis focused role
- Experience with overall Accounting functions, GAAP, and Internal Financial Controls
- Experience gathering data, performing analysis, originating ideas, and presenting a point of view to key stakeholders
- Experience leading, managing, supervising, mentoring or developing the skills of others
- Willing and able to travel domestically up to 50%; including overnight stays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a manufacturing organization is strongly preferred
- CPA, CIA, or similar advanced certification preferred
- Advanced experience with Internal Financial Controls (develop, analyze, risk/gap analysis, implementation)
- Experience with integrated financial systems (SAP preferred)
- Experience with analysis and data visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, VBA, Hyperion, etc.)
- Previous experience researching and providing technical accounting and process guidance to internal customers or clients
- Experience with system implementations, system upgrade, testing and/or reconciling transactions between multiple systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.