Do you want to work for a company that will give you the tools you need to succeed and grow? If so, then we have the opportunity for you! Start your career as a Material Handler for Georgia-Pacific.
We offer a competitive benefits package, potential for performance-based, pay bonuses, two (2) weeks of vacation prorated for the first year, overtime opportunities and MANY advancement opportunities. Material Handlers work a twelve (12) hour rotating shift that includes days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
Interested and qualified individuals will be considered for roles at either our Broadway or Packerland locations. External applicants are eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus after 90 days.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operating mobile equipment with various attachments; clamp, fork, prong, etc., to move material throughout the mill to ensure a smooth flow for production
- Using a warehouse management system to manage the various jobs that need to be completed each day
- Performing general housekeeping duties to keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards
- Conducting minor and preventative maintenance repairs and tasks on fork trucks
- Adhering to strict safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing and sitting for up to twelve (12) hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working with computers
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Forklift experience
- Experience working a rotating shift
- Experience using a warehouse management system
- Experience working with a team
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com