INVISTA Seaford is current looking to add an Operations Leader to join our industry leading team. INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. which is one of the largest private companies in America. The INVISTA Performance Solutions Seaford site is a world class manufacturing facility with ~ 135 employees and manufactures Nylon 6,6 staple fiber.
At INVISTA we believe that our Operations Culture will be our competitive advantage and are looking for individuals that are passionate about driving this culture. There will be a focused effort to transform shift operations, drive Shift Runs Shift, and leverage technology. We empower all employees to be Principled Entrepreneurs, creating an environment of bottom-up empowerment and Self-Actualization. This role will require a high level of ownership, sense of urgency, sound economic thinking, and strong leadership skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Effectively lead a team of 20-25 production/manufacturing employees with responsibility for all aspects of safety, product quality and operating efficiency.
- Establish clear performance expectations, monitor and provide periodic feedback to develop capability.
- Facilitate continual improvement in the area through productivity enhancements, coaching and team engagement.
- Use good communication skills to effectively work with and build solid business relationships with other functional areas to best support mutual objectives.
- Consistently demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, integrity and relationship management skills.
- Motivate, influence and positively affect / embrace / drive change.
- Exercise good analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Organize, prioritize and multi-task while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
- Manage fast-paced production schedule and product assignment.
- Maintain and enhance safety management procedures
- Utilize computer and production reporting systems
- Develop and update procedure documentation
The Experience You Will Bring
Minimum of 7 years of manufacturing / industrial experience or related military experience
Minimum of 2 year previous leadership in a manufacturing / industrial environment or related military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or technical related field
- 4 years supervisory experience within a manufacturing / industrial or related military environment leading teams of 15 or more
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com