Continuous Improvement Manager
It’s an exciting time at Georgia Pacific!
With the rise in e-commerce, it’s a great time to be in the corrugated box industry! Our corrugated boxes are used in the delivery of goods such as books, gifts, parts, paperwork, medicine, household items, clothing, food and more. Georgia Pacific is experiencing tremendous growth and we are proud to provide good, stable jobs in safe environments. From competitive benefits, to our employee-first company values, we are committed to investing in the people we care about. We invite you to learn more!
Georgia-Pacific is now hiring a Continuous Improvement Manager to be over our corrugated division. This role will require travel to our plants across the United States, specifically our West Coast facilities, to address critical needs and projects to optimize production.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop, implement, and communicate strategies, goals, and objectives to improve plant and company performance to ensure long term adoption.
- Provide leadership and challenge to plant leaders to achieve AMT goals
- Lead teams to provide and coordinate lean improvement programs
- Evaluate and make recommendations, which will increase output and decrease costs by addressing/improving workflow, ergonomics, time/motion characteristics, cycle times, set-up times, waste, etc.
- Perform root cause analysis of mechanical or processing problems
- Evaluate operations equipment and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions or inefficiencies
- Ensure CI project goals are met and sustained through the development of effective control plans
- Ensure Continuous Improvement and Quality Management System processes and procedures are followed and adhered to
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; change approach or method to best fit the situation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Lean/continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Corrugated packaging experience
- Ability to travel 50% or more to sites as needed
- Ability to prioritize and manage a heavy workload independently and remotely
- Experience facilitating operational changes with results
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Products including Excel, PowerPoint, Office
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with interpreting information from various sources for accurate and meaningful presentation to company executives
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
THIS ROLE IS NOT OPEN TO VISA SPONSORSHIP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com