Manager Purchasing & Stores
$5,000.00 Sign on Bonus Available for Eligible Candidates
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Manager – Purchasing & Stores. This role will be based out of our gypsum facility in Tacoma, WA. As a part of our Strategic Sourcing & Procurement organization, this role reports to the corporate office in Atlanta, GA with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Plant Manager at Tacoma. This position will manage local procurement, storeroom operations, and supervise personnel. The individual must be self-directed, work with a high sense of urgency and possess the ability to solve problems and collaborate with others to meet the needs of Operations. The individual may also be asked to participate on centralized teams, special projects, and other initiatives to support continuous improvement and transformation for our businesses.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring compliance with all safety, purchasing, fiduciary, stores and environmental policies and procedures.
- Working with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business goals to deliver long-term value; demonstrate a high degree of Customer Focus and an ability to effectively influence others
- Fostering internal and external relationships through collaboration that build virtuous cycles of mutual benefit
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams at the facility and headquarters to implement initiatives that support business priorities
- Ability to lead and effectively manage change and transformational initiatives
- Leading, supervising, coaching, and mentoring employees
- Driving value creation through transformation, innovation, and process improvement
- Utilize critical thinking skills to identify, analyze, and execute on opportunities to streamline processes and achieve the lowest total cost of ownership on projects, storeroom inventory, and other purchases
- Sourcing, procuring, negotiating, contracting, and managing inventory of equipment, MRO parts, services, and supplies
- Working with requestors to understand requirements, specifications, and timing; conducting competitive bidding process, including soliciting RFIs/RFPs and robust bid analysis & recommendations
- Managing, utilizing, and negotiating agreements as appropriate
- Managing and working to improve the procure-to-pay process (including invoice reconciliation management) and training internal customers on their roles in these processes as needed
- Optimizing working capital and MRO inventory levels while ensuring the needs of the facilities are properly supported
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years’ procurement or related experience
- Inventory or storeroom management experience, including experience with an inventory management computer system
- Experience negotiating with local, regional or national contracts
- Supervisory experience
- Experience using data analytics tools
What Will Put You Ahead
Three (3) or more years’ experience in the manufacturing industry
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com