Process Control Leader
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Process Control Leader to champion the growth of the process control capability within the Toledo, OR facility. The desired candidate must be passionate about developing talent, demonstrate strategic & economic thinking, possess good problem-solving skills, and enjoys collaborating across the organization. Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Accountable for all mill Process Control systems and leadership of the process control team
- Manages process control staff, vision and planning responsible for employee performance and development of team members
- Builds partnerships with mill personnel to identify opportunities and solve problems
- Leads the development, planning, and execution of process control strategy for simultaneous projects and support activities
- Accountable for complete execution of control projects and initiatives, including system design, testing, component specification, documentation management, vendor/contractor management, equipment procurement, installation and start-up support
- Provides process control support to all mill areas for controls optimization, reliability and cost reduction efforts, capital projects, safety initiatives, and product quality; prioritizes resources to ensure emphasis is placed on major mill strategies and opportunities with highest value
- Ownership of the process controls networks and manages the support of the IT/OT resources
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of experience with process control systems, including industry-standard PLC and DCS platforms
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Experience leading projects and support staff in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with control system network topology (i.e. Ethernet, ControlNet, firewalls, and DH+)
- Experience in designing, supporting, and troubleshooting control systems and process control standards and processes
Our Toledo facility is an integrated mill that manufactures containerboard, including unbleached linerboard and corrugating medium that is converted into corrugated boxes and packaging at numerous box plants on the West Coast from Washington to California and New Mexico. The packaging is used for a variety of products such as fruit, vegetables and seafood; consumer goods such as tissue, paper products, packaged food and beverages. The GP Toledo mill is the largest recycler of wastepaper (used cardboard boxes) in Oregon at over 500,000 tons recycled annually. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Toledo, situated on a bend of the Yaquina River and surrounded by wooded hills, is just seven miles inland from the Central Oregon Coast, the only inland coastal community with a deep-water channel. The historic town cascades over the hillsides to the river. Once a bustling lumber mill town, Toledo’s industries today include lively boat repair businesses and Port of Toledo facilities; which support the fishing industry; a vibrant arts community, and a modern paper products mill. (visittheoregoncoast.com)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com