INVISTA (a Koch Industries company) is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join our Wichita, KS Accounting Team as part our CFO organization. As an Accounting Supervisor you will interact with capabilities across the organization so interpersonal and communication skills are essential to building mutually beneficial partnerships. A successful candidate for this role will also have strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a desire and ability to create value for the organization.
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including CORDURA® fabric, and ANTRON® carpet fiber.
INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., which is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $110 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ nearly 130,000 people worldwide, with about 67,000 of those in the United States.
INVISTA's businesses include Intermediates and Performance Solutions. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the accounting team for intermediates businesses (Nylon Chemicals) with responsibility for inventory and margin
- Develop and foster partnership with operations and business teams to deliver analytical insights that support business strategies and profitable decision making
- Seek and share knowledge, both internally and externally, to implement transformative best practices
- Ensure an effective financial control environment
- Coach and develop team in business processes as well as Market Based Management ® philosophy and application
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- Experience in a role(s) that required a well-developed understanding of fiduciary accounting concepts including GAAP, the general ledger, the period close process, internal controls, and financial statements
- Leadership or Supervisory Experience (i.e. coaching/mentoring/leading a project team/developing talent)
- Experience gathering data, performing analysis, originating ideas, and applying a decision-making framework for presentation to key stakeholders
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA, CPA or other professional certification
- Experience with margin/income statement reporting and analysis
- Inventory experience (accounting, raw materials, valuation, counts, audit, etc.)
- SAP, Infor or other large ERP, integrated system experience
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, SQL)
- Project implementation and/or management experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com