Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment for risk-takers and results-oriented individuals and a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence.
We’re looking for a Production Supervisor who will thrive in this culture. This position will be located at our Carleton, MI Float Glass facility.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide leadership and direction to the safety of all employees and visitors to the facility.
- Manage, coach and mentor a crew in meeting safety, quality, and production goals.
- Develop crew members for improving individual and organization performance.
- Steer performance management and corrective action processes for assigned crew.
- Continuously improve plant performance through process improvements and lean methodologies.
- Work with Scheduling to optimize production requirements.
- Work with upstream and downstream people and processes to meet customer expectations.
- Guide, track and improve performance on key location goals and objectives.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience working in a production environment.
- Willingness to work a flexible rotating schedule: 6 am to 6 pm for a month and then rotate 6 pm to 6 am the next month. Work Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday one week and Wednesday and Thursday the following week.
- Provide active day-to-day leadership, work direction and support for a manufacturing team within a production area.
- Demonstrated success in measuring and improving production processes to meet organization goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in leading positive employee relations in order to maintain a union-free environment.
- Advance the Market Based Management (MBM) culture within the facility.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other departments and managers and work as a team.
- Knowledgeable at maintaining accurate employee documentation and files.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass, fabricated glass products, fiberglass insulation and other building materials for commercial, residential and automotive markets. Through its Science & Technology Center, Guardian is at the forefront of innovation, including development of high-performance glass coatings and other advanced products. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Visit www.guardian.com.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com