ELECTRICAL RELIABILITY ENGINEER
Flint Hills Resources - Pine Bend, located in Rosemount, Minnesota is looking for an Electrical Reliability Engineer!
As a member of the refinery’s Electrical Asset Management team, this role will work with plant engineers, technicians, operators, and other personnel to help the refinery safely operate and maintain its electrical assets and systems.
Demonstrable skills in critical and economic thinking and the ability to capture these through strong written and verbal communication is required in this role. The ability to identify, develop and champion improvements is greatly desired. The successful candidate will be able to excel in a multi-functional team and be able to prioritize multiple business requests.
We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, has innovative ideas with an intense desire to learn, improve & grow; unfailing commitment to environmental responsibility and safety; and a strong sense of community.
Our Market-Based Management business philosophy creates an environment that inspires employees to contribute knowledge and ideas, allowing them to flourish and feel rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Behaving, encouraging, leading coworkers to behave in ways that are consistent with Flint Hills Resources’ Market Based Management (MBM®) Guiding Principles
- Leading/fostering a safety culture that identifies hazards and eliminates/controls risks
- Reviewing and updating any existing or new electrical equipment reliability strategies and equipment maintenance procedures, and ensuring implementation of those strategies
- Identifying, recommending and implementing equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that reduce risk to employees, improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Providing technical support of electrical specifications and design reviews for existing equipment and new equipment installations
- Leading and promoting Root Cause Analysis; ie. Capturing and categorizing loss events and advancing strategies around electrical reliability
- Collaborating with leaders and technicians to eliminate repeated failures
- Leading projects to improve asset performance
- Providing technical support for operations and maintenance technicians to improve skills and knowledge
- Developing and implementing strategies to address obsolescence of electrical systems and components
- Performing load flow analyses, arc flash analyses, etc.
- Preparing justifications, engineering work scopes, and cost estimates for maintenance projects or capital projects
- Help manage the site equipment’s lifecycle, including making recommendations on replacement/refurbishment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting industrial electrical equipment (motors, switchgear, VFDs, etc.)
- Experience within a manufacturing environment OR equivalent applicable military experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com