When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives!
Guardian Industries is looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager in Chicago, IL!
As an integral business partner, the FP&A Manager is a strategic member of the Finance leadership team. They provide our Plant Managers and operations team with data, analysis, and guidance to improve plant operational and financial performance. This role will report directly to the Regional FP&A Manager with strong alignment between the Plant Manager and the plant management team.
If you thrive in a transformative environment, enjoy building cross-functional relationships, and providing strategic guidance to business leaders, this could be the perfect position for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Positively influence business outcomes by driving actions, behaviors and decisions aligned with our MBM Principles including but not limited to: principled entrepreneurship, preferred partnerships and transformation
- Take ownership of improving the financial literacy/business acumen of the operations team by understanding the competitive landscape and having knowledge of various business models to properly challenge decision making
- Work with the plant leadership to drive process improvement and lean manufacturing concepts that will reduce costs and improve performance
- Acquire new ways of seeing things, revise ways of thinking and adapt to changing environments
- Evaluate alternative financial scenarios and results through data collection and predictive analysis
- Generate statistical models that can capture and quantify risk and opportunities
- Coordinate and lead annual operating plan for a location using the best identified method
- Prepare files for consolidation and complete year-over-year analysis and reporting
- Update financial forecasts monthly
- Proactively identify manufacturing cost trends and probabilities that impact the business and financial results
- Provide project-based support and ad-hoc analysis as required by local and regional leadership teams
- Support capital investment project development – provide relevant economic analysis to help prioritize projects according to their economic value creation
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and corporate policies/procedures to provide consistent financial reporting and to protect company assets
- Provide oversight and leadership for plant inventory cycle audits and fixed asset audits
- Partner with regional cost accounting lead to validate cost model assumptions to ensure accurate inventory values and customer/product profitability for decision making
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ Years of progressive accounting/finance experience
- Experience presenting financial and operational data in individual and group settings
- Experience with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- MBA degree
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- CPA or CMA Certification
- Experience with Cost Accounting
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf