Georgia-Pacific has openings for Forklift Operators at our new air-conditioned facility just outside Phoenix AZ, in Tolleson. The Forklift Operator is responsible for ensuring that production goals are met by moving material efficiently through various departments in the mill and providing supplies for operators. A strong commitment to safety standards and knowledge of forklift operations are critical for success in this role. If you are self-motivated and committed to attendance excellence, we look forward to hearing from you! We are working a rotating 24x7 shift, with a 7-day break in every 28-day period. We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime, health and dental benefits programs, paid time off/holidays and a 401k with an employer match. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Loading and unloading incoming and outgoing materials and finished product
- Completing inventory/department documentation (both manually and with the use of a computer software system)
- Working as part of a team to meet production and quality goals
- Performing basic preventive maintenance and fueling equipment
- Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean team-work environment
- Performing assigned tasks that include lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling and supporting our safe working environment by wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), i.e.; safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toe boots and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- Willing to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as necessary
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years or more experience operating a forklift safely in a fast-paced manufacturing, industrial or warehouse environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Georgia Pacific mobile equipment license and other permits for operating mobile equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience driving a forklift in a converting facility
- Experience driving an electric lift truck
- Experience driving a clamp truck
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf