Are you motivated, safety-oriented and looking for a change? Then, look no further, Georgia-Pacific is looking for someone like you!
At Georgia-Pacific, innovation is a capability we embrace, and it is a constant pathway to new ideas and products for our customers. Our goal is to apply our capabilities to continually renew or replace our products to create more value for our customers and society.
Our Conway, NC Chemical facility is seeking motivated individuals to join our manufacturing team as Operators and grow with the Company. Our Production Operators start out at $21/hr+ depending on experience, bi-yearly bonus eligibility, competitive benefits, and 401k.
To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's Chemical division please visit: www.gp-chemicals.com
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learning to operate and monitor chemical reaction process to manufacture polymer resins, industrial chemicals, and raw materials
- Monitoring equipment utilizing several computer screens and performing minor troubleshooting to ensure optimal production and minimal downtime
- Using computers to document data such as shipping and receiving information and manufacturing processes
- Loading and unloading raw materials and finished goods in accordance with customer and chemical specifications
- Working in outside weather conditions as well as in an industrial environment, at heights and in confined spaces
- Performing tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs., walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling
- Adhering to all plant health, safety, and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures by wearing necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE), e.g.; hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs
- Meeting and exceeding production goals within a team environment while maintaining a focus on safety working a rotating shift schedule in a 24/7 operations, including nights, weekends, and holidays
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year or more of experience in an industrial, warehouse, military, farming, construction, mechanical or production environment
- Experience using a computer or tablet to input and save information
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum of two (2) years of continuous employment in the last four (4) years
- Experience in the chemical or refinery industries
- Experience using a computer for data-entry of record-keeping, shipping and receiving information, AND/OR manufacturing processes
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com