FPGA Design Engineer
BittWare, a Molex Company, designs and manufactures enterprise-class FPGA hardware that enables customers to deploy solutions quickly and with low risk. We are the only FPGA brand-agnostic hardware provider of critical mass, able to address enterprise-class qualification and lifecycle requirements for customers deploying solutions in volume. Find out about our product range at our website: www.bittware.com
Our UK headquarters in Cumbernauld, near Glasgow, is currently looking for a FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) engineer to join our design team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Working as part of a talented, motivated team, the successful candidate will develop IP, reference designs and integrated tests for the latest generation of premium FPGAs from Achronix, Intel and Xilinx. You will:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to create product requirements and specifications as part of our New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
- Create FPGA designs to enable test of complex FPGA accelerator cards featuring latest generation of PCIe, Memory and Network interfaces.
- Research, learn and use HDL design tools from our FPGA partner companies: Achronix, Intel and Xilinx.
- Work hands-on in our lab to take design through initial board bring up and test.
- Document test plans, IP datasheets and Engineering Manuals in accordance with company procedure
- Provide support to our key customers via our Technical Support and Customer Experience Team
The Experience You Will Bring
- First class or 2.1 Hons degree in Electronic Engineering or a related subject
- Proven experience in developing FPGA applications in VHDL and/or Verilog
- Experience of Xilinx or Intel architectures and tools
- Excellent FPGA design skills
- Ability to create high quality specifications and plans
- Knowledge of the full product development lifecycle
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve as well as develop and meet project schedules
- Team player who can also work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Working knowledge of the latest memory and high-speed serial I/O technologies
- Knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. Ethernet