Sr. Hardware Engineer - Optical Solutions
This position may be located in Fremont, Bridgewater or Ottawa (Canada). We offer flexible work-from-home environment.
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplification technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software design capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Fremont, we serve global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support 5G Networks.
We are building a new capability to accelerate our leading edge optical networking capabilities. We are looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer that will design, review, and improve optical amplifier (EDFA and Raman) OTDR, OCM, OSC and other electronic designs for 5G and other advanced optical networking systems and data communications networks.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design, review, and improve optical amplifier (EDFA and Raman) electronic designs to pass all performance specifications, tests, and requirements, such as gain and transient control, automatic power shutdown (APSD) laser safety. Designs include laser pump, TEC drivers, Trans-Impedance Amplifiers, Amplifiers, Filters, PD detection, heater, ADC, DAC, and other circuits
- Works with product marketing and engineering team consisting of optical, hardware, mechanical, software, and process engineers to enable high performance, cost effective, and robust products, and repeatable and efficient manufacturing
- Ensures successful transition from architecture to new product introduction and to volume production
- Develop, review, and support other advanced optical modules and sub-systems such as OTDR, OSC, OCM, etc.
- Drive and recommend innovative solutions to ensure product meets customer performance, cost, schedule, and other requirements
- Select components, generate schematic design, create PCB layout instructions, and closely work with FPGA, software, mechanical, thermal, optical, process and other teams to optimize the design
- Perform circuit simulation (analog op amp, photo diodes, board layout parasitics, etc.) using PSPICE, HFSS, or similar
- Complete initial board bring-up, debug and validate performance of electronic systems; conduct experiments to characterize components and subsystems
- Generate documentation of the design and results of the experiments and testing
- Help develop DVT, manufacturing, assembly, diagnostic, test, qualification plans and other documents. Provide technical guidance to resolve manufacturing issues
- Resolve customer technical issues. Work with FAE, QA, and other technical-support teams
- Work with global teams for new product designs
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering experience in Telecom, Datacom industry
- Proficient in designing analog amplifiers
- Proficient in analog electronics: TIA, PD, filters, ADC, DAC, analog PLLs, etc.
- Proficient with electronic design and simulation tools, such as OrCAD with CIS, Allegro, PSPICE
What Will Put You Ahead
- Masters of Electrical Engineering
- Experience EDFA and Raman optical amplifier
- High speed digital transmission and signal integrity knowledge
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com