Process Control Technician
Guardian Glass is seeking their next Process Control Technician! Who is Guardian Industries? When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com.
The Process Control Technician works in the Hot End Department to develop process control advancements that lead to improved safety, reduced costs, and improved efficiency. Starting wages are $32hr - $35hr depending on level of experience.
What You Will Do In Your Role
• Displaying knowledge of and ability to leverage experience in manufacturing processes to optimize performance
• Leading and working closely with Operations and Reliability/Engineering personnel to identify opportunities and create value for stakeholders
• Supporting process operations, through both the application of the process control systems and general troubleshooting of the processes
• Work with Process Team to scope and define projects for remote control or monitoring
• Plan, schedule and implement scoped projects as the team sees fit - either alone or with the help of Process and/or Reliability team
• Work with Electrical and Controls Engineers to ensure new instruments have proper functionality and integration into SCADA systems.
• Operate and understand the principles of lab equipment in the QC lab, perform regular QC samples analysis
The Experience You Will Bring
• Associates degree or higher in an Engineering related field
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in electrical, instrumentation and control systems troubleshooting and maintenance support experience
• Experience in developing and implementing manufacturing improvement processes
• A minimum of one (1) years’ experience with project leadership of a large capital project or team
• Experience with Microsoft Office Word (i.e. creating documents), Excel (i.e. creating spreadsheets, utilizing formulas, & extracting/analyzing large data sets), and Outlook (i.e. scheduling meeting invites & emailing)
What Will Put You Ahead
• Knowledgeable in general of the float glass line. Understand basic concepts of flat glass production.
• Experience working with Continuous Emissions Monitoring (CEMs) equipment
• Basic understanding of PLC functions, work to learn and understand SCADA functionality
• Basic understanding of control wiring, both analog and digital inputs/outputs, what is needed for new instrumentation
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com