Shift Capability Leader
Georgia Pacific in Perry, FL is looking for a Shift Capability Leader for our Cellulose Manufacturing Facility. The person will be responsible for performance management, development, and coaching of operators within an ownership-based work system environment so that each operator and team can be successful. The Shift Leader will also provide leadership and direction for operations and shift maintenance, facilitate operating issues mill-wide on shift and be responsible for mill-wide efforts to safely achieve performance goals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading, mentoring and developing hourly employees utilizing the MBM® Guiding Principles and Operations Excellence tools to improve capability and performance to create the greatest value
- Coordinating and “running the mill” while on shift with primary focus on safety, quality, reliability, production, cost, and housekeeping
- Applying judgement, critical and economic thinking skills, and the sense of urgency necessary to make operational decisions consistent with the company’s risk philosophy that create the greatest value
- Allocating personnel resources as needed during shift (i.e. shift maintenance) – challenge whether filling the job is required or if additional personnel is needed for call-ins
- Maintaining a high-level knowledge of work processes such that assistance with problem solving and troubleshooting (RCA techniques) can be shared with crew members for development
- Participating in skills qualification and knowledge evaluation assessments for operators in order to assist in talent gap closure plans and ensure timely skills advancement and learning
- Assisting in managing competing priorities in a flow-to-work environment and providing on-shift coaching and feedback to Team Coordinators, control room operators, field personnel, and support personnel
- Managing safety in an operations setting (i.e. setting and communicating work standards, teaching the right way to do a job, determining who’s qualified to do the work, observing employees in action, providing performance feedback [positive and corrective], rolling out safety policies/procedures, managing safety suggestions, and dealing with injuries and near misses, etc.)
- Utilizing effective communication, interpersonal, planning and organizational skills in order to acquire, share, and apply knowledge (including effective measures) to improve decisions and results
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years or more of leadership experience coaching team members on their performance and helping to improve overall individual and team performance
- Previous experience troubleshooting, problem solving, and understanding of root cause analysis techniques
- Experience using Microsoft Office products: Word (typing documents), Excel (pulling reports & entering data), PowerPoint (giving presentations) & Outlook (sending emails)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience providing developmental feedback to employees
- Experience sharing personal point of view and holding difficult conversations
- Experience utilizing business acumen in regard to labor costs, labor strategies, staffing, and training
- Leadership experience in a union environment
- Experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Previous experience working in a pulp and paper manufacturing facility
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com