Georgia-Pacific Gypsum LLC facility located in Tacoma, WA is looking for a Safety Manager to drive safety at this site. The Manager is to provide leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of the business framework and Principles. Create real value for the organization by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated. Develop and align facility Safety strategies are consistent with company/division Health & Safety vision. Ensure leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage safety. Reports directly to the facility manager, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Regional/Division Health & Safety Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promotes a safety culture with all team members to help the Tacoma facility embrace and achieve our Path to Zero Safety Strategy consistent with Koch’s Safety Vision
- Owns and propagates all safety initiatives and programs such as Human & Organizational Performance (HOP), Compliance System Owner (CSO) Teams, Safety Training, etc.
- Significantly contributes to the selection, onboarding, and development of talent, resulting in continuous site-wide alignment with safety
- Actively manages all aspects of compliance (e.g., OSHA, state, local, company standards).
- Ensuring facility risk profile is addressed through development and implementation of key controls
- Drives continuous improvement using tools and activities, including self-assessments and audit processes; incident/near miss investigations; metrics and targets (leading and lagging indicators); and periodic reviews of performance, culture, and talent
- Effectively communicates facility safety vision, strategies, and performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage Workers Compensation process
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, (or a related degree), engineering degree OR five (5) years’ safety experience in an industrial or manufacturing process environment
- Experience in industrial safety leadership
- Experience with OSHA, state, and local safety and compliance standards
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience onboarding and developing employees, helping to foster a safety-driven culture
- Experience in leading a site to improved safety and performance
- Experience working in building products
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com