Manufacturing Engineer, Woodyard
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for a Manufacturing Engineer opportunity at our Naheola mill in Pennington, AL. The overall responsibility of the position is to manage the processes in the Woodyard Operations area of the mill. This position reports to the Woodyard Production Leader. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market-Based Management®.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure operation of the Woodyard area follows all applicable regulatory and industry requirements and proactively manage environmental risks
- Provide guidance and direction to the woodyard Ownership Based Work System (OBWS) team members, including setting high performance standards and monitoring performance to enable continuous improvement in safety and housekeeping of the Woodyard area operations
- Provide leadership, guidance and expert advice on technical, systems or process-related topics to create and implement superior operations performance including key performance indicators (KPI)
- Establish long-range objectives; develop asset strategies and execute such to achieve the expected results; Plan-Do-Check–and Adjust per mental model as necessary
- Participate in planning, coordination and execution of outages in the Woodyard area
- Utilize the MBM® Framework to analyze information and evaluate alternatives to choose the best solution for short and long-term value creation
- Provide timely and relevant information to Woodyard production leader, performance coaches, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, and face-to-face to support performance objectives, knowledge and challenge processes
- Stay up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the job to develop personal and organizational capabilities for greater value creation
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work
- Identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts from Pi or other sources of data and transfer it into relevant and useful information for knowledge sharing to identify value creation opportunities
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, to advance the MBM® culture
- Identify the developmental needs to coach, mentor, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Eight (8) or more years of experience managing all activities in a woodyard and/or chip mill operations area
- Experience leading and directing others
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word (i.e., creating documents), Excel (i.e., creating/updating spreadsheets), and Outlook (i.e., scheduling meeting invites & emailing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Work experience in a pulp and paper manufacturing facility
ABOUT THE NAHEOLA OPERATIONS
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill located in Pennington, Alabama, is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 800 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Quilted Northern® and Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels, and Dixie® napkins, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com