Mechanical Project Engineer
Georgia-Pacific’s Brunswick Cellulose mill has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Project Engineer. The Mechanical Project Engineer is responsible for supporting the GP Brunswick mill through design, troubleshooting, project guidance, technological standardization and innovation, maintenance strategies, and energy efficiency activities. Involvement includes project scope development, project estimating, project review and management, design, and implementation. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market Based Management and Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work individually or with a team to develop the scope and appropriation grade cost estimates for capital and extraordinary maintenance projects and participate in justification of projects, specification reviews, drawing reviews, safety reviews, and other project document reviews
- Provide detail design or support and provide technical assistance to operations, purchasing and construction management in solving both urgent and long-term issues, with focus on mill’s asset reliability and sustainability
- Work will involve project management for managing contractors, schedules, scope development, budgets, checkout, commissioning, start-up, and additional engineering/management activities as required
- Serve as a lead resource in this role for the Utilities Area of the mill – Recovery Boiler, Power Boiler, Recausticizing, and Evaporators
- Mentor entry level mechanical engineers in the mechanical engineering discipline and in the GP Business Process for Projects (BPP)
- Effectively communicate with internal customers and leadership, external suppliers and vendors
- Work closely with other disciplines to develop all aspects of the design requirements for each project
- Provide pre- and post-startup assistance to Construction and Operations to assure that all systems are functioning properly
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work occasional weekends and holidays, particularly during annual mill outages
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of project management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word (i.e. creating documents), Excel (i.e. creating/updating spreadsheets), and Outlook (i.e. scheduling meeting invites & emailing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Power and/or Recovery Boiler experience
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry
- Experience in Mechanical Integrity and/or welding & metallurgy
Georgia -Pacific Brunswick Cellulose mill manufactures softwood fluff pulps. Our products are used primarily in absorbent products such as diapers and hygiene products. To learn more about our Cellulose Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Cellulose
Brunswick, GA in Glynn County, which is in southeast Georgia, about halfway between Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, FL, and a short drive off Interstate 95. Hunting, fishing, golfing and visiting historical landmarks are among the hobbies residents enjoy. To learn more about Brunswick, check out this link:www.brunswickgoldenisleschamber.com
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com