PROJECT MANAGER - TANKS
As Project Manager - Tanks at the Flint Hills Resources Pine Bend Refinery you will manage multiple, concurrent Tank Turnarounds and have the overall responsibility of managing the turnarounds from conception to start up; meeting all project milestones. With our vision to make a step change in our Tank Turnaround performance, part of this role will be focused on the development of systems and best practices, allowing this person to have a significant effect on the long-term success of the Tank Turnaround business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Managing Tank Turnarounds using a phased approach to project management to deliver Tank Turnarounds with industry leading results in safety and environmental
- Delivering a step change improvement in the management systems for Tank Turnaround planning and execution
- Leading a project team consisting of engineers, operations, construction, and vendors to design Tank cleaning systems and Tank Turnaround planning
- Effectively managing costs and schedule to drive toward best in industry
- Interacting with several groups within the organization to define Tank Turnaround scope
- Communicating Tank Turnaround status to various stakeholders within the organization
- Proactively identifying opportunities to reduce total life cycle costs for tanks, and be able to appropriately implement opportunities
- This position requires the successful candidate to be available for unexpected overtime work as required, which may include nights, weekends and holidays, especially during a scheduled turnaround
- During lower Tank Turnaround frequencies, you may be asked to manage small-cap PMG-style projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School degree or GED
- 2 years or more experience and knowledge of tank specifications and Tank turnarounds
- 2 years or more work experience (internships included) involving projects in refining, chemical, or a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience and capability to lead and coordinate teams while proactively removing road blocks
- Written and oral communication skills along with critical thinking skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Current Flint Hills Resources employee
- Project management work experience in a refinery or petrochemical environment
- Ability to develop sustainable management systems
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com