General Manager - Automotive
INVISTA is seeking a General Manager, Automotive (GMA) for its Nylon Polymer business. The GMA will be responsible for commercializing new applications of INVISTA’s products in the automotive market. To successfully drive commercialization, the GMA will need to interact with compounders, Tier 1s and OEMs to generate demand for INVISTA’s innovative products. The GMA will be responsible for building a team to support these commercialization efforts and will be at the forefront to drive step-change growth for the Nylon Polymer business and for INVISTA.
Demonstrating a high sense of urgency, handling competing priorities, working within a matrixed organization, and leading through influence are key components to success in this role. The GMA must be a forward-thinking leader who possesses a strong strategic thinking and entrepreneurial mindset and is comfortable in a fast-paced business environment.
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon. INVISTA's businesses include Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
This position can be any where in the US with an exception to Colorado. Preferred locations are: Detroit, Wichita or Chicago.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Have P&L accountability for new automotive applications of INVISTA’s nylon polymer products
- Generate demand for, and commercialize, new applications of INVISTA’s products within the automotive market
- Evaluate business models and recommend the go-to-market strategy for these new applications
- Identify the capabilities that are required for achieving success and subsequently build and lead the team that delivers on these capabilities
- Set and align priorities, and develop strategies that support a market-focused vision
- Generate points-of-view on new applications based on market needs and provide insights to INVISTA’s R&D team
- Prepare and present business cases to INVISTA’s executive team, including the C-suite
- Interact regularly with leaders in other parts of INVISTA and drive alignment across various capabilities within the organization
- Advance the innovation and entrepreneurial culture within the organization
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in leadership role or positions of managerial influence
- Experience in strategy, business development or commercial roles
- Experience working in plastic applications or product development
- Experience serving the automotive market i.e. OEM, Tier 1 or compounder
- Experience owning and managing a P&L
What Will Put You Ahead
- MBA or Masters’ Degree in Engineering related fields
- Experience with polymer structure, properties and performance
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com