Sales Engineer; Automotive focus - Home based role (Turin area)
Sales Engineer (M/F)
Molex is a manufacturer of electronic, electrical, and fiber optic connectivity systems. Molex offers over 100,000 products across a variety of industries, including data communications, medical, industrial, automotive and consumer electronics. As part of KOCH Industries, Molex accelerates customer value by applying a unique set of guiding principles grounded in our Market-Based Management® approach. We empower our employees globally to act as principled entrepreneurs, bringing forward ideas, solving challenges and innovating to drive unprecedented value for our customers every day.
Molex Italy is looking for a Sales Engineer, who will be responsible for the management and development of key customers, Stellantis Group, and related Tiers, in coordination with the Stellantis Global Sales Team and with the Business Units, within the Italian market.
As Sales Engineer you will understand the customer needs and offer appropriate Molex products to meet the customer requirements, while searching and qualifying the customers on your assigned area.
This is a field/home-based role: candidates should be based in Turin area or be willing to move there.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Profitable grow the business year over year consistent with corporate objectives using MBM guiding principles
- Management and development of key customers, Stellantis Group, and related Tiers, in coordination with the Stellantis Global Sales Team and with the Business Units
- Participate to the development of a business/strategic plan to ensure that the sales target is achieved
- Use existing network and develop it to position Molex (developing, maintaining, and improving key relationships; determining decision marks; understanding processes, etc.)
- Communicate effectively with the Stellantis Global Sales Team, with other team members within Transportation & Industrial Division, other sales groups, Business Unit teams, customer service…
- Detect new business opportunities, transforming them into successful projects.
- Prepare and maintain customers yearly price contracts and be involved in major project/product requests for quotations
- Provide marketing intelligence on competitor activity and market trends as requested
- Provide local support for the solution of quality challenges or services
- Track and maintain updated activities in Sales Force system
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, exhibitions, and training courses
The Experience You Will Bring
- Electrical/mechanical engineering degree is preferred - any additional relevant business/marketing studies are an advantage
- Proven record of experience in a direct selling position in electronic components is preferred
- Fluent in English and Italian (French languages aptitudes would be welcome)
- Knowledge of Italian Automotive market
- Preferable localization in Torino or Torino area (Home Office)
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Office Skills, SAP, Outlook Knowledge, Sales Force