Automated Test Engineer
Perform electrical testing, high speed tester support used in the manufacturing of High Speed cable assemblies based on standards such as Ethernet, Infiniband, Fibre Channel, PCIe, SAS, SATA, etc.Integration of custom designed circuit boards and mechanical fixtures with off-the-shelf test equipment such as digital sampling oscilloscopes, TDR modules and network analyzers.Analyze test data using statistical modeling tools and perform root cause analysis of rejected parts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop, integrate, and make software upgrades to high speed test systems used across multiple manufacturing regions including China, Philippines, Inida, Mexico. Must coordinate software development activities with design centers, including product development, manufacturing, marketing, quality, etc.
Perform electrical testing of High Speed cable assemblies, analyze data, identify critical to quality aspects of product design and manufacturing process, perform root cause / corrective action analysis and write reports to summarize findings.
Work closely with multifunctional teams to upgrade globally deployable automated production test systems for cable assembly products. Maintain records for project execution, schedule, and budget.System design includes activities such as mechanical fixture design, PCB design, hardware integration, software development, system documentation, performance testing and characterization, etc.
Create and execute test plans, conduct software reviews, perform system verification and validation, analyze and resolve failure modes and document results.
Create product and test system documentation, specifications and work instructions.
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical/Systems/Computer) or B.S. Degree in an equivalent discipline
- <2 years experience in test and measurement.
- Working knowledge with compiled programming languages such as C/C++ or VB/C# with the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Working knowledge with scripted programming languages such as Python.
- Ability to apply computer programming concepts to solve complex problems in a variety of programming environments.
- High proficiency using analytical tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and others as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely with global teams.
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections
What Will Put You Ahead
- M.S. Degree in Engineer (Electrical/Systems/Computer)
- Minimum 2-5 years of progressive engineering experience with a strong understanding of product High Speed testing and designs
- Extensive experience with RF/microwave test and measurement equipment such as digital sampling oscilloscopes, TDR modules, 4-port network analyzers, and bit error rate testers.
- Working knowledge of RF/microwave transmission line theory including s-parameters, Fourier transformers, characteristic impedance, eye diagrams, time-domain analysis, cross talk, bit error rate testing, jitter analysis, etc.
- Experience using relational databases with software such as Microsoft SQL or MySQL.
- RF/microwave circuit design and PCB layout with software such as Mentor Graphics PADS or Cadence Allegro.Exposure to advanced PCB fabrication methods.
- Electromagnetic simulation with software such as Ansys HFSS or CST Microwave Studio.
- Lean/six sigma yellow or green belt training.Understanding and application of control charts, process capability, gage R&R, and other lean/six sigma tools.