Recovery Assistant Superintendent (Optimizer)
Georgia Pacific is currently seeking qualified candidates to consider for a Recovery or Evaporators Assistant Superintendent (Optimizer) for our Cedar Springs, GA kraft liner mill. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of three recovery boilers or a set of pre-evaporators, two sets of evaporators, three concentrators, foul condensate strippers, and incinerator. This will also include management of the black and green liquor systems within the recovery department. This position will provide the necessary technical support to optimize the operation by working with operators, shift supervisors and the leadership team to improve efficiency and lower operating cost. Role will report to the Chemical Recovery Area Leader and coordinate closely with the rest of the operations team and reliability/maintenance to ensure equipment reliability and effective spending. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market Based Management & Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Facilitate a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation
- Work with front line supervisors to coach and develop employees through a Disciplined Ops approach (development of RRE’s, Leader Standard Work, Playbook implementation, etc.)
- Provide operational/business leadership and technical support for the manufacturing process of the area and facilitate troubleshooting and problem solving to achieve goals
- Lead teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of safety and/or cost reduction initiatives and projects that add the highest value to the operation to drive continuous improvement
- Develop and support the effective use of procedures in order to promote a safe and reliable operation
- Innovate and collaborate with process control with a focus on process automation (APC’s, auto startup, and shutdowns)
- Optimize and coordinate planning for scheduled shutdowns, maintenance, and capital projects
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with three (3) or more years of experience working with recovery/evaporator processes OR Five (5) or more years of experience working within power/recovery processes
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word (document creation), Excel (spreadsheets), and Outlook (email and calendar)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years of experience with recovery/evaporator processes
- Three (3) or more years of leadership and facilitator experience with recovery/evaporator processes
- Experience with Kraft process chemical recovery operations
- Experience working in a Process Safety Management (PSM) covered facility
- Experience with process controls
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages is our ability to do so through our dedicated employees. Georgia-Pacific is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill, located in the southwest corner of Georgia is approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com