Performance Development Leader
Georgia Pacific is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for a Pulp & Woodyard Performance Development Leader to join our team in Brewton, Alabama. This position will provide strategic and tactical leadership to achieve key operation objectives in safety, environmental compliance, reliability, production, quality, and cost. The Performance Development Leader is responsible for the development of the hourly operations employees’ capabilities and manages all aspects of their performance. This leader will have a general understanding of the mill and will be accountable for the results that are impacted by their team’s performance and capability. A successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, constructive challenge skills to facilitate improvement, the ability to stay current in best practices and be a continuous leader, and collaboration skills with the ability to engage teams. This position will report to the Pulp Area Leader.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drive a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation
- Lead and mentor employees with behaviors and actions that advance our Market Based Management® (MBM®) culture and the organizational vision
- Manage, develop and mentor (2) Unit Coaches; coach, lead, mentor and develop hourly employees to continuously improve their knowledge, skills, and performance to create long-term value
- Work and communicate with area leadership team, mill leadership team, shift operations managers, and others to identify and address performance and knowledge gaps
- Manage individual performance and hold individuals accountable for their results through vision setting, one-on-one conversations, and performance feedback
- Lead the development of a structured training program that aligns with our safety, environmental and production goals; drive continuous improvement for operator job qualifications and assessments
- Effectively manage many high priority tasks / projects with a sense of urgency
- Utilize strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, and planning/scheduling/execution skills
- Employ strong interpersonal skills to influence and facilitate change in the department and the process; acting as a positive change agent for continued development and improvement within a “shift runs a shift” environment
- Encourage and incentivize knowledge sharing and transfer between team members
- Available for on-call needs – after hours, weekend and holiday as necessary
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or GED
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience with responsibility for direct reports
- Experience developing and implementing process improvements and projects
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Teams
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Three (3) or more years of HR experience within a manufacturing operation or Pulp & Paper manufacturing experience
- Experience managing in a labor union environment
The Brewton Mill produces white top linerboard and solid bleached sulfate (SBS) paperboard. The SBS material is used to make GP's Dixie plates as well as a variety of cartons that require high-quality graphics including those for pharmaceuticals, DVDs, and cosmetics. White top linerboard is used in production of corrugated containers and displays. To learn more about our Bleach Board Division, visit www.gppackaging.com
The Brewton mill is in south central Alabama about an hour from Mobile, AL, Pensacola, FL, and the beautiful beaches of the Gulf Coast. Brewton residents enjoy the outdoors either on the beaches of Florida or by fishing on 1,600 miles of river in Alabama. The hunting trails and bass fishing regularly attract visitors. Alabama is home to many minor league baseball teams and two NCAA Division-I powerhouses. Nearby attractions include the Montgomery Zoo, the Gulf of Mexico and the Blue Angels.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com