Shipping Forklift Operator
Shipping Forklift Operator– Talladega, AL
Georgia-Pacific's has a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Talladega, Alabama. This facility receives about 150 log trucks a day and produces approximately 300 million board-feet of lumber a year. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced plant.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking employees for our Shipping Forklift Operator role. As a Shipping Forklift Operator you could be working both days and nights. You will be responsible for loading incoming trucks and rail cars with product shipping and check for proper weight distribution. You will also perform basic maintenance and housekeeping around the warehouse and on the forklift. If you are motivated by hard work, working collaboratively on a team with a positive attitude, and have a strong focus on safety, you may be a good fit for this role. This position offers a competitive compensation of $19/hr and opportunities for advancement as new skills are acquired and as openings occur!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Knowing all safety procedures associated with forklift operation.
- Loading incoming trucks and rail cars with the proper product for shipment.
- Checking orders for accuracy and ensure product is loaded as required.
- Loading trailers and rail cars with proper weight distribution.
- Maintaining an orderly warehouse for inventory control.
- Performing basic maintenance and housekeeping on forklift.
- Ensuring work area is neat and organized. Housekeeping must be maintained each shift.
- Using MOE system to enter work orders for forklift needs.
- Changing starting/stopping times that fits production needs.
- Working in different temperatures, heights, confined spaces and meeting the physical and safety requirements of the job while potentially wearing a safety harness
- Working a scheduled shift, overtime, holidays, extended hours and weekends
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of one (1) year of forklift experience
- Must possess basic knowledge of computers, radios, and scan guns
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience driving a sit down diesel powered forklift
- Experience working around railroad systems and trains
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation function
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf