Flint Hills Resources is seeking a Senior Accountant, looking to take their career to the next level in accounting. This visible role will be working with financial data for all of FHR. The role will be responsible for accurate accounting, financial controls, reporting, and working with innovative projects to automate reporting and accounting processes. In this role, the senior accountant will be building relationships by giving guidance and direction in accounting to internal customers across all FHR businesses and tax.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participating in process improvement projects and automation with the current financial and tax reporting systems
- Performing monthly closing activities for the financial reporting and tax provision systems including reconciliations and other financial controls
- Providing accurate and timely services to various customers including business accountants, business planning, tax, legal, and external auditors
- Performing monthly inventory analysis and calculations
The Experience You Will Bring
- minimum of 1 year of experience in an accounting, tax or financial role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Experience with a General Ledger, Accounting principles, month end closing and overall accounting function
- Experience mining and converting data into meaningful information through leveraging software and other state of the art tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel (i.e. - spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formulas creation etc.) PowerPoint (presentation creation and editing) and MS Word (document creation, formatting and editing etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience managing projects
- Information Technology / Accounting Information Systems education or experience
- Experience providing timely information and service to external and internal business customers
- Experience in Public Accounting or Large Company Corporate Accounting
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf