Electrical Engineering - Designer
INVISTA is seeking a motivated and experienced Electrical Designer to join our multi-disciplined engineering team at our Kingston Site manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating electrical design packages for projects at the Kingston Site from concept to completion.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Co-lead the development of detailed engineering designs in support of various project activities at the Kingston Site. This includes detailed drawings (schematics, wiring diagrams, equipment layouts, etc.), P&ID’s, equipment specifications, bills of materials, and the development of detailed construction packages for bid.
- Establish capital estimates for projects.
- Provide electrical and instrumentation support to all phases of project execution from front-ending through to completion, including engineering, construction, commissioning, and startup support.
- Development of your skills will include elements of Project Management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years demonstrated Computer-aided design skills (proficient in relevant CAD software and Document management software)
- Previous industrial experience
- Experience as a designer in support of capital projects
- Experience with Canadian and/or Ontario electrical codes and regulations
- Experience converting conceptual designs into final design documents
- Ability to develop an integrated project estimate
- Technologist and/or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related disciplines such as Instrumentation or Automation/Controls