Senior Electrical Engineer
Are you a Senior Electrical Engineer seeking an opportunity to grow and be rewarded for your performance? If so, Flint Hills Resources (FHR) has career opportunities for you in our refining business and we are looking for great people to grow with us. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of an industry leading company, this may be the opportunity for you!
As a member of the refinery’s Electrical Asset Management team, this role will work with plant engineers, technicians, operators, and other personnel to help the refinery safely operate and maintain its electrical assets and systems. A person in this role is also expected to mentor less-experienced engineers and help drive a learning culture throughout the organization.
Demonstrable skills in critical and economic thinking and the ability to capture these through strong written and verbal communication is required in this role. The ability to identify, develop and champion improvements is greatly desired. The successful candidate will be able to excel in a multi-functional team, be able to prioritize multiple business requests, and have a proven capability to grow, learn, and apply new knowledge.
We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, has innovative ideas with an intense desire to learn, improve & grow; unfailing commitment to environmental responsibility and safety; and a strong sense of community.
Our Market-Based Management business philosophy creates an environment that inspires employees to contribute knowledge and ideas, allowing them to flourish and feel rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Behaving, encouraging, leading coworkers to behave in ways that are consistent with Flint Hills Resources’ Market Based Management (MBM®) Guiding Principles
- Leading/fostering a safety culture that identifies hazards and eliminates/controls risks
- Reviewing and updating any existing or new electrical equipment reliability strategies and equipment maintenance procedures, and ensuring implementation of those strategies
- Identifying, recommending and implementing equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that reduce risk to employees, improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Providing technical support of electrical specifications and design reviews for existing equipment and new equipment installations
- Leading and promoting Root Cause Analysis; ie. Capturing and categorizing loss events and advancing strategies around electrical reliability
- Collaborating with leaders and technicians to eliminate repeated failures
- Leading projects to improve asset performance
- Providing technical support for operations and maintenance technicians to improve skills and knowledge
- Developing and implementing strategies to address obsolescence of electrical systems and components
- Performing load flow analyses, arc flash analyses, etc.
- Preparing justifications, engineering work scopes, and cost estimates for maintenance projects or capital projects
- Help manage the site equipment’s lifecycle, including making recommendations on replacement/refurbishment.
- Collaborate with peers across FHR and KII to drive best practices, share and institutionalize knowledge, and provide technical insight into cross-site initiatives.
The Experience You Will Bring
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting industrial electrical equipment (motors, switchgear, VFDs, etc.)
- Experience within a manufacturing environment OR equivalent applicable military experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical codes and standards (NEC, NFPA 70E, etc)
- Experience in application engineering of electrical assets (i.e. switchgear, motors, drives, electric actuators, etc.)
- Experience in power system load flow analysis and arc flash analysis
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs in an industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience in reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) analysis
- Experience in industrial control systems and instrumentation
- 10+ years in a manufacturing environment or 5+ years in a petrochemical or chemical processing facility
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf