Shift Performance Coach (Crew Leader)
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Shift Performance Coaches for our Power/Recovery and Fiberline/Causticizing departments to support our team in Cedar Springs, GA. This position is directly responsible for the safety, development, training, and productivity of an assigned crew. This individual will optimize operations across all shifts and crews, consistently manage through use of the labor agreement, ensure EHS compliance, and oversee qualification of employees. The position will assist in prioritizing reliability focus through work order system.
Our culture is defined by the Market-Based Management® philosophy which guides everyday decision making and provides employees with opportunities to contribute and personally benefit from the value they create.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work a shift schedule
- Verify and Audit standards within the crews for safety, environmental, quality, productivity, training, and cost control
- Provide safety leadership and knowledge
- Follow Leader Standard of Work
- Maximize employee value through realized Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations
- Be flexible and manage multiple tasks
- Effectively administering pay and other associated transactions for direct reports
- Self-motivate and self-direct with a strong desire to excel at leadership
- Utilize interpersonal skills to meet and exceed expectations at all times
- Complete daily tasks using time management, computer skills, and excellent communications skills
- Work with high integrity to teach and motivate team in the assigned areas while holding others accountable
- Work in a collaborative and cooperative manner with all departments and personnel
- Focus with a sense of urgency, accountability, and principled entrepreneurship
- Analyze processes and recommend changes
- Pay close attention to detail and organization while taking a courageous approach to work
- Supervise in a union environment, employee relations and involvement in quality assurance
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in a heavy industrial or manufacturing/military environment OR Five (5) or more years of working experience in Power, Recovery or Pulping Operations
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
- Must work shift schedule
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate Degree or higher in Engineering or Paper Science
- Direct supervisory experience in Pulping, Chemical Recovery or Power departments
- Experience teaching, coaching and mentoring others
- Experience supervising in a union environment
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages is our ability to do so through our dedicated employees. Georgia-Pacific is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill, located in the southwest corner of Georgia is approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com