Process & Equipment Development Engineer
The selected individual will utilize their knowledge of processes and processing equipment design to further development of new and existing pilot processes and equipment for the next level of commercialization of the product.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working in team/matrix environment, able to manage tasks and workload to establish the product line manufacturing capability to desired business goals and timing.
- Ability to visualize, design and build processes and equipment for first of its kind products with an expectation to scale to large manufacturing capabilities in line with the business vision.
- Able to readily locate and work with outside sources for equipment design NRE, builds, specs and acceptance requirements
- Able to direct equipment and control software/hardware suppliers regarding controls integration strategies and assess value creation through appropriate levels of automation, connectivity, process data gathering, inspection systems and associated machine learning or closed loop algorithms.
- Based upon previous knowledge and current research, be able to contribute to innovation of new processing methods and equipment.
- Ability to visualize a process development roadmap taking into account factors such as capital cost, cost of operation and ownership, product quality and capability and reliability.
- Able to communicate logic and roadmaps as well as report out data and results with conclusions and expected outcomes to the wider team on a regular basis.
- Able to formulate and execute process designs of experiments to drive process optimization.
- Evaluate material and equipment selection, cost analysis, and vendors as required to implement new designs.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with process and equipment development or design.
- Equipment design experience and knowledge including AutoCad or similar software.
- Experience deriving and setting processing guidelines for implementation into commercial processes.
What Puts You Ahead
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, EET, MET
- 5+ years process and equipment development or design experience.
- Experience with thermal forming ovens, roll to sheet and roll to roll manufacturing equipment, intricate product assembly equipment and methods, glass handling and assembly methods all a plus.
- Knowledge of a diversity of manufacturing processes would be an asset.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com