PULP DRYER TECH/LR
Are you a self-motivated individual who is eager to learn and grow your career? If so, we may have just the opportunity for you! Our Georgia-Pacific Leaf River Cellulose facility is currently hiring Pulp Dryer Technicians. Our Pulp Dryer Technicians create value by safely operating production machines to meet or exceed the mill’s production and quality goals.
Leaf River Cellulose, LLC in New Augusta, MS is one of six mills in the GP Cellulose business. Leaf River is a showcase of safety, operational and environmental excellence. Maintaining the highest levels of workplace safety for employees is crucial and is reflected in our status as a multi-year winner of the Georgia-Pacific's CEO Safety Excellence Award. GP Cellulose is also committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
What You Will Do In Your Role
· Operate and troubleshoot the equipment within the scope of operations for the Pulp Dryer
· Progress through multiple skill levels in a timely manner to develop knowledge of all the operating systems in the Pulp Dryer
· Perform equipment cleanup and operator basic care to include minor maintenance tasks
· Monitor process variables to maintain efficient Pulp Dryer operations and meet department quality, cost, and production goals
· Will work twelve (12) hour rotating shifts and will be a member of Fire and Rescue Team if assigned
· Maintains strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing required safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment (includes oilfield experience)
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel for data entry or document creation
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate Degree in Process Operations or Electrical/Instrumentation
- Two-year technical degree/certification in manufacturing technology or industrial manufacturing
- Pulp/paper machine experience
- Experience with completing safe work permits (hot work, line breaking) and executing lockout activities (isolation, draining, deenergizing)
- Industrial lift truck certification
- Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance Experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com