R&D Product Development Specialist - Electronics Integration
Guardian Industries is looking to hire the newest member of our Research and Development group as a R&D Product Development Specialist - Electronics Integration. In Guardian R&D, we create products that shape the very landscape of our cities and towns. From commercial to residential, Guardian is helping the world see what is possible through coated glass products. This position will be located in our Carleton, MI Science and Technology Center responsible for developing products that reduce energy consumption, improve comfort to offices and homes, and helping make buildings beautiful.
This position is the perfect blend of “hands on” engineering and development focused product advancement.
What You Will Do In Your Role
For the right individual who is looking for their next challenge, you would be responsible for the following:
- Supporting Product Development on a novel glass shading system and related technologies
- Creating, maintaining, and communicating Product Development Plans to ensure a shared understanding between the research team and pilot production team.
- Create and execute test plans and reports.
- Fabricate test jigs and tooling setups.
- Develop custom software/firmware to support new product design and validation.
- Analyze and drive the understanding of electronic hardware failures and lead the repair efforts and mitigation.
- Work closely with other engineers and scientists to develop future designs and features of customer facing electronics.
- Manage creation and submission of test samples and interface with regulatory agencies.
- Ensure the best knowledge is understood and shared to guide the team regarding compliance.
- Serve as the technical SME in developing custom process equipment and electronics integration.
- Support needs of product development and pilot production.
- Advancing/deepening the underlying knowledge of our products and production processes.
- Working in multi-cultural and functional teams globally
The Experience You Will Bring
An ideal candidate for this position will be an organized professional with excellent analytical and communication skills. Below are key knowledge and skills that are essential for success within the position:
- Experience in electronics hardware and software development in an industrial environment such as SQL, HMI, PLC, etc…
- Demonstrated experience with product development as it relates to computer embedded electronics.
- Experimental design skills experience as it relates to electronics and firmware.
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or Physics is highly desirable
- 2+ years of experience consumer electronics
- Experience with communication technologies and protocols including RS-485, Ethernet, and Z-Wave
- Experience with sensing technology including non-contact proximity, force, speed, temperature, and humidity.
- Experience with high voltage applications.
- Demonstration of mechanical aptitude, designing and building jigs and fixtures.
- Ability to conduct design and process failure modes and effects analysis
- Experience with complex projects; ability to analyze problems quickly; development of corrective actions
- Ability to clearly present and communicate ideas, concepts, and plans across multiple levels
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com