When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global®, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that elevate a vehicles’ aesthetics and meet the demands of the road.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more, visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next R&D Engineer in Ann Arbor Michigan!
What You Will Do In Your RoleIn your role as a R& D Engineer for Guardian Glass you will be full responsible for the following activities.
- Create test plans and reports
- Fabricate test jigs and tools
- Develop custom software/firmware to support DVP&R
- Research, design and fabricate electronic solutions
- Electronic hardware failure analysis
- Electronic hardware repair
- Manage creation and submission of test samples and interface with regulatory agencies
- Apply technical expertise to the development of custom process equipment
- Support pilot production line
The Experience You Will Bring
- Demonstrated experience with product development as it relates to consumer embedded electronics
- Strong experimental design skills including custom test setups and significant lab experience as it relates to electronics and firmware
- Eager to accept a challenge and explore and implement solutions with the following technologies:
- High voltage
- Experience with sensing technology
- Non-contact proximity
- Experience with laboratory test/analysis equipment
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing PCBAs
- Experience with software and firmware development
- Embedded C++
- Factory automation firmware
- Experienced with communication technologies and protocols
- Mechanical aptitude
- Support the design and fabrication of test apparatuses, jigs, etc.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com