Paper Machine Superintendent
***This position has a $10,000 Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance***
Georgia Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking qualified professionals for Paper Machine Superintendent (Manufacturing Engineer) opportunities to support the Tissue Paper Making Area of the mill in Muskogee, OK. This individual will be involved with increasing the effectiveness of the asset group by improving reliability, work processes, equipment performance, and team member capabilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Managing and executing Georgia-Pacific’s reliability and asset strategies
- Providing strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of safety, asset reliability, cost optimization, maintenance spending and budget, quality capability, productivity and strategic capital planning and execution
- Facilitating zone ownership strategy by transferring ownership to technicians to operate, maintain and improve
- Providing technical expertise and transferring knowledge to Technicians, Precision Technicians, Performance Leaders, Process Engineers, Skill Builders and the Asset Availability Leader (AAL)
- Verifying skills of others in the team system and addressing knowledge and performance gaps in their technical center
- Leading the continuous improvement effort to improve productivity, yield, quality, and/or reduce costs
- Creating an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in the Environmental, Health and Safety performance metric
- Spending significant time with team members in the production areas
The Experience You Will Bring
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Experience with pulp and paper
- One year or more of engineering, manufacturing or military experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Paper Science & Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
- Five or more years of experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools
- Experience with tissue machine manufacturing
- Equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability or maintenance experience
- Project engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Leadership experience i.e. leading projects, leading a team, etc.
Located on the Kerr-McClellan Navigational Channel (Arkansas River) on about 640 acres of land, the Muskogee consumer products operation spans across approximately 70 acres (or 2,900,000 square feet) of manufacturing and warehouse space are “under roof” employing approximately 830 employees. We are the second largest employer in the Muskogee, OK area and 45th in the state! Our non-union facility operates on 12-hour shifts, 7 days per week, 365 days per year; housing 2 of the 13 largest tissue machines in the world and paper machines that produce an average of 900 tons of paper per day. Our finished product consists of a mix of 40% Retail and 60% Commercial.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf