Eco-tec, a Koch Separation Solutions company is currently looking for an Electrical Draftsperson in Pickering, Ontario!
The incumbent is responsible for the high quality product design/drawings to internal and external customers on time and within budget. The incumbent will draft/design electrical components, and make modifications to existing designs using standard drafting practices and techniques, using AutoCAD Electrical software.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prepare drawings of electrical panel layouts and line drawings for fabrication as per the Sales order requirements and in accordance with applicable client specifications, recognized codes, standards, and recommended practices, and Eco-Tec procedures and standards. These drawings include development of layouts, P&ID, assemblies, piping drawings, skid frame and supports drawings, pneumatics, part descriptions and Bills of materials
- Draft system designs for components such as:
- Instrument and measurement and control devices
- Instrument air and pneumatic
- Prepare additional project documentation as per the Sales order requirements and in accordance with applicable Client specifications, recognized Codes, Standards, Recommended Practices, and Eco-Tec procedures and standards
- Prepare complete electrical installation guides to Production for assembly.
- Ensure excellent accuracy of all design work generated
- Utilize knowledge of drafting practices, mathematics, building materials, manufacturing technology
- Plan and schedule activities, evaluate best value alternatives, strictly adhere to approved schedule and to budget
- Provide extensive support to the Manufacturing Engineering group, Materials and Planning group to facilitate procurement of parts and to the Manufacturing group to facilitate the fabrication process
- Perform modifications and as-built changes to current project designs as well as to standard drawings and documents
- Assist in bid specifications from customers and technical preparations for tendering and proposals
- Prepare installation specification for contactors, evaluate their offers, and ensure proper coordination of their activities with the project
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure a smooth workflow so that predetermined shipping dates are met, costing is accomplished and customer service problems are resolved in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of new products as required and propose and suggest technical and procedural improvements
- Act as a resource to all departments
- Adhere to Eco-Tec’s ISO 9001 Quality Procedures and prepare, maintain, and release all quality documentation accordingly
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the company’s Workplace H&S rules, policies and procedures at all times
- Attend training programs necessary to maintain/upgrade skills
- Perform other related duties as required by the Department Manager.
- Results oriented, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, strong mechanical aptitude, flexible, cooperative team player, excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and strong sense of urgency is a must
The Experience You Will Bring
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using Visibility ERP software
- Manufacturer Technical Representative (MTR) certification
- Electrical cable tray 3D routing
- Electrical conduit 3D routing