E&I Maintenance Superintendent
~~~ $10,000 Sign On Bonus ~~~
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a E&I Maintenance Superintendent to join our Containerboard mill in Toledo, Oregon. The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for planning, directing, and guiding the business goals, plans, and processes for the electrical and Instrumentation maintenance department. This leader will use knowledge to develop and carry out objectives, solve problems, and be able to respond to short-term as well as long term department mill goals.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure the mill maintenance team is meeting the objectives in safety, reliability, quality, cost, and customer service. The candidate will lead and support preventative maintenance programs and provide technical support for troubleshooting to minimize downtime and maximize process efficiencies. As well as, help employees understand who their customers are and how their work directly impacts spending and mill profits/loses. The E&I Maintenance Superintendent will provide leadership through the application of Koch’s Market Based Management® (MBM®) philosophy to achieve superior results.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be a safety steward to prioritize employees’ health and safety
- Design and implement long-term continuous improvement applications and systems to enhance electrical reliability
- Develop business relationships and be a strategic part of the mill leadership team
- Partner closely with Operating Area Leaders to advance mill results
- Accountable for employee and organizational development plans and people management strategies
- Responsible for the safe, compliant, and effective execution of electrical and instrument maintenance work by exhibiting strong leadership skills to motivate and develop a team of salaried and hourly employees to continuously improve performance of the individual employees and overall business
- Demonstrate functional leadership skills to engage a workforce with a diverse background of knowledge & experience
- Demonstrate strong functional knowledge of maintaining equipment used in the paper manufacturing process
- Assist in identifying standards and training requirements for the organization; GP ESWP, NFPA, OSHA
- Ensure the reliability and availability of electrical equipment throughout the facility through effective equipment strategies to prevent and resolve equipment failures
- Responsible for establishing and administering maintenance expenses and capital work and managing against plans including explanation of variances
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Seven (7) or more years of management experience in an industrial, manufacturing/production operations or military environment
- Three (3) or more years of work experience in a maintenance supervisory position with responsibility for direct reports
- Experience planning, leading and executing major work outages
- Experience leading root cause failure analysis
- Experience working with financial and statistical data
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR Technical Certifications
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry
- Experience supervising in a union environment
- Industrial electrical experience
- Experience with repairing/troubleshooting PLCs, high voltage and medium (480V), & AC/DC drives
Our Toledo facility is an integrated mill that manufactures containerboard, including unbleached linerboard and corrugating medium that is converted into corrugated boxes and packaging at numerous box plants on the West Coast from Washington to California and New Mexico. The packaging is used for a variety of products such as fruit, vegetables and seafood; consumer goods such as tissue, paper products, packaged food and beverages. The GP Toledo mill is the largest recycler of wastepaper (used cardboard boxes) in Oregon at over 500,000 tons recycled annually. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Toledo, situated on a bend of the Yaquina River and surrounded by wooded hills, is just seven miles inland from the Central Oregon Coast, the only inland coastal community with a deep-water channel. The historic town cascades over the hillsides to the river. Once a bustling lumber mill town, Toledo’s industries today include lively boat repair businesses and Port of Toledo facilities; which support the fishing industry; a vibrant arts community, and a modern paper products mill. (visittheoregoncoast.com)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com