Environmental Engineer (Solid Waste and Beneficial Reuse) - This role will work within the Leaf River Cellulose Environmental team, helping ensure compliance with the State of Mississippi and Federal environmental regulations for this global supplier of Kraft market and fluff pulp. The selected individual will be expected to implement and maintain environmental management systems that promote environmental excellence. In addition, the individual will support the facility’s efforts in conforming to company policies and procedures, such as Georgia-Pacific's Environmental Compliance Standards. This role will initially be focused on management, compliance, and permitting of the Mill’s various waste streams, including leading efforts for the beneficial use and recycling of these streams.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide support to the Environmental Team in developing, executing, and maintaining site compliance with solid waste permits, including accurate preparation and submittal of reports to outside agencies
- Track key compliance metrics and implement systems to improve performance
- Proactively develop and drive opportunities for waste minimization and beneficial use
- Work directly with mill leadership, peers, and staff to assure implementation of an effective environmental management system
- Lead waste compliance program for Mill and harmonize the program with other mills across the company to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Coordinate groundwater monitoring, including managing contractor and reviewing and submitting reports to Mississippi DEQ
- Coordinate underground storage tank inspections
- Assist in the management and tracking of nuclear gauges utilized in the manufacturing processes
- Identify (and deliver as needed) training required for waste related compliance and implement training for operations, maintenance, engineering personnel, other facility staff and contractors and maintain adherence to Company standards
- Proactively develop partnerships with Environmental Engineers from other GP facilities to drive overall improvement of our systems and participate in internal audits of other facilities
- Maintain and grow knowledge of federal and State of Mississippi laws governing Waste Management programs, including existing and emerging regulations
- Represent facility at agency meetings and during agency inspections
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, pulp & paper technology, environmental, or related physical science discipline
- Minimum of two (2+) years’ experience in an environmental compliance role working in a manufacturing industry
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum of four (4+) years’ experience in an environmental compliance role
- Experience working in pulp and paper industry
- Experience in managing compliance for solid waste/ hazardous waste
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com