Koch Fertilizer Beatrice, LLC is seeking a Plant Operator to join our team in Beatrice, NE. Koch Fertilizer is an entrepreneurial company pursuing a self-motivated candidate to be a part of the plant production team with specific focus on process reliability and optimization.
Koch Fertilizer LLC and its subsidiaries own or have interest in nitrogen fertilizer plants in the United States, Canada, Trinidad and Tobago. The companies cover global demand through terminals in the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, France, and the United Kingdom. Koch Fertilizer is a subsidiary of Koch Ag and Energy Solutions, which has the capability to market and distribute over 13 million metric tons of fertilizer products annually.
This position's starting pay is between 25.00-30.00 per hour based on comparable industry experience and a offers a $1000 sign-on bonus!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Completing operations daily rounds, readings, and duties. (Monitoring pressures, temperatures, and flows.)
- Performing reliability procedures and inspections. (Tank inspections, containment inspections, machine health inspections, etc.)
- Providing customer service in our loading area. (Support training of driver and relationship building.)
- Providing technical support in day to day operations of the plant to produce, store, transfer, and load product in a safe environment
- Operating PLCs and DCS control board systems
- Collecting samples and testing unit products and systems
- Operating water treatment system equipment, pumps, motors, control valves, piping, filtration equipment, etc.
- Completing Lock out/Tag out and permitting in qualified areas
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Willing and able to work a rotating 12-hour shift including weekends, holidays, overtime and call-outs
- Must have valid driver's license
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders and work at heights exceeding 100 feet
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary breathing test, wear a gas mask type respirator and full body coverage personal protective clothing and equipment, including a full chemical protective suit
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous ammonia, chemical plant, or refinery operations experience
- Experience using a distributed control system
- Experience with water treatment, boiler operations, and basic mechanical equipment repair
- Experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Office, computerized maintenance management system, etc.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com