Project Engineering Leader
Georgia-Pacific Consumer Operations is recruiting for a Project Engineering Leader role to lead a group of project engineers at the Consumer Products Operation located in Muskogee, OK. The Muskogee Mill is an integrated Tissue and Towel manufacturing operation. This position leads a Project Engineering team in the implementation of capital projects and reports to the Project Engineering Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Building EH&S excellence through the application of the Risk Management System
- Applying MBM® Framework, Operations Excellence Model, and selected mental models to improve Muskogee’s competitive position
- Achieve excellence in talent selection and development
- Insuring reliable operations with a focus on design for reliability
- Attracting and retaining engineering talent while utilizing comparative advantage
- Expanding and refining in-house technical capabilities
- Effective execution of the Project Work Processes and Mill Improvement Processes
- Assisting in the development and execution of mill and area capital plans
- Managing capital projects to yield target IRR or better
- Work with internal and external resources (including engineering resources) to organize and execute projects as defined in the Venture Scope of Work (VSW). This includes design, construction/installation, commissioning, startup, and documentation activities
- Utilize economic thinking when evaluating alternatives/equipment/vendors/contractors
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Three or more years of experience in a project engineering role within a continuous manufacturing operation
- Experience developing and presenting information in a one-on-one and/or group setting
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- PE Stamp
- Experience leading a team
- Experience with managing large projects
- Five or more years of experience working within a pulp and paper manufacturing operation within an engineering capacity
- Experience mentoring entry level talent
Located on the Kerr-McClellan Navigational Channel (Arkansas River) on about 640 acres of land, the Muskogee consumer products operation spans across approximately 70 acres (or 2,900,000 square feet) of manufacturing and warehouse space are “under roof” employing approximately 830 employees. We are the second largest employer in the Muskogee, OK area and 45th in the state! Our non-union facility operates on 12-hour shifts, 7 days per week, 365 days per year; housing 2 of the 13 largest tissue machines in the world and paper machines that produce an average of 900 tons of paper per day. Our finished product consists of a mix of 40% Retail and 60% Commercial.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com