Senior Automation Engineer
The Koch Global Services (KGS) Network Operations Team is looking for an innovative and forward-thinking Senior Network Automation Engineer with strong knowledge of scripting and programmability to automate new solution as well as improve existing solutions. Within this role, you will have an opportunity to work closely with a talented global technical team responsible for supporting Koch’s global enterprise communications environment.
The Sr. Network Automation Engineer will be a part of a Automation team that improves consumer experience by reducing outage duration and increasing speed of service request through automation for Koch Industries. Koch Global Services (KGS) is the global solutions provider for Koch Industries. We serve more than 130,000 Koch employees worldwide and partner with 11 Koch companies from a diverse number of industries; ranging from making fabric, glass and paper products, to manufacturing cell phone components. Since 2003 we have invested over $80 Billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures and are proud to reinvest more than 90% of our earnings back into our companies. As KGSI rapidly scales up its operations in India, it's employees will get opportunities to carve out a career path for themselves within the organization. This role will have the opportunity to join on the ground level and will play a critical part in helping build out the Koch Global Services India (KGSI) over the next several years. Working closely with global colleagues would provide significant global exposure to the employees.
The Sr. Network Automation Engineer will report to the Automation Supervisor of the KGSI and will be part of a global team. The Sr. Network Automation Engineer will work with multiple internal stakeholders and is expected to work with third party providers whenever it required and the global Network team to provide a superior client experience.
A Day In The Life Could Include:
- Understand fundamental networking concepts, cloud networking concepts, deep understanding of network automation concepts, tools and supporting integrations
- Facilitate automating network operational processes and tasks to drive resource (code, circuits, ppl) optimization
- Partner with Proactive Operations, Engineering, Delivery Engineer, Architecture, KGS Security, Cloud, and Tools Teams
- Define Framework and processes to automate network configurations and system integrations
- Build automation scripts and templates, system integrations, maintain scripts/templates/integrations for changes to standards and new devices on the network; ServiceNow forms
- Developing modern API based integrations with other applications outside of ServiceNow
- Manage the automated audit process and initiate well practiced remediation actions
- Reusing and scaling components to accommodate future growth and eliminate waste
- Coordinate impact on network devices due to standard changes from the Engineers
- Own the automation capability within the Communications Service
- 5+ years of experience in automation technologies.
- 2+ years network experience in a Large Scale/Global Enterprise
- Leverage individual and team aptitudes to create a competitive advantage
- Drive process improvement and innovation
- Understanding and familiarity with Agile/SCRUM and network as code
- Seek and implement innovated way to improve the Network Service
- Strong communications skillset including presenting to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong relationship building and management skills
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse workforce
- Strong initiative with the ability to seek out opportunities that can create additional value for the organization
- Model Driven Programmability, Network Function Virtualization
- Bachelor’s of Technology / Master’s of Technology
- Understanding of Agile principles and Certification: Sr - DevNet Specialist or Professional
- Proficient in coding:experience with Ansible, PowerShell, Python, APIs
- Linux Administration, Container Fundamentals, Micro Service Platforms, Cloud Fundamentals
- Previous experience with ServiceNow Asset and ITOM suites (CMDB, Discovery, Service & Event Mapping)
- Experience with ServiceNow forms, Data Formats (JSON/YAML), Python and APIs (REST), Source Control (git), Config Management (Ansible)
- Experience working with complex enterprise and global stakeholders.
- Knowledge of ITSM best practices and capabilities
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
(experience & education required)
·Strong administrative skills
What Will Put You Ahead:
(experience & education preferred)
(physical demands/ unusual working conditions)
·Must be willing to carry a company-provided smart phone
·Must be flexible to work US hours
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace”