Georgia-Pacific (a Koch Industries company) is currently seeking a Plant Controller to lead the fiduciary support for multiple manufacturing locations within Building Products’ Gypsum business, in the central region of the US. (Texas and Oklahoma) A strong potential candidate for this role will be self-directed in a dynamic environment - able to set priorities and meet deadlines – you will enjoy fiduciary accounting, business partnering, and have the ability to influence and create value – you will have demonstrated progressive experience in related roles and are seeking to continue to grow with the organization. It is anticipated that this role will be performed remotely from the facilities supported and the candidate will be able to meet the travel requirements of the role, described below, when needed.
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. You may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Fiduciary oversight of multiple manufacturing locations within the Region – ensuring the accuracy of the general ledger through proper accounting treatment, performed by shared services and third-party partners
- Management of month end closing process and review
- Balance sheet analysis and income statement oversite
- Partner with our Internal Financial Controls Center of Excellence to educate the sites on IFC expectations and drive any corrective actions
- Audit support and relationship contact with external auditors
- Partner with other Centers of Excellence & finance teams, including the Analysis COE, BP Shared Services, Capital COE and the Koch Global Services Accounting Organization
- Participate in cross-business improvement initiatives
- Promote innovative ideas for accounting workflows to create efficiency and reduce waste
- Drive transformation by respectfully challenging historical practices and leveraging technology enablers and automation
- Understand the division and overall corporate vision and partner with location leadership and others to ensure alignment
- Be a champion of Market Based Management ® philosophy and application
- Ability to travel when needed (will range from 0% to 20% depending on geographic location and timing of need; may include overnight stays)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related Business field of study
- Previous experience in a role that required a well-developed understanding of fiduciary accounting concepts including GAAP, the general ledger, the period close process, and financial statements
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, SharePoint)
- Intermediate to Advanced level MS Excel skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five years or more of experience in a Controller, Operations Accounting, or Plant Controller role
- Previous experience in a role that required a solid understanding of key costing concepts, operations, financial economics and manufacturing
- Ability to maneuver through non-integrated financial systems and BI reporting platforms
- Manufacturing industry experience is a plus
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com