INVISTA is seeking a contribution minded Collections Specialist to join our CFO Organization team in Wichita, KS. This position will support our Intermediates chemical business and will work closely with other risk team members, customer service specialists, account managers and counterparty payables. The ideal candidate will have a proven background using critical thinking for problem solving, show initiative, work with a sense of urgency, and be successful at multi-tasking on projects and tasks. A keen attention to detail, and a focus on customer service and process improvement will propel you in this role. The business knowledge gained, and the experience provided by this position provides an excellent platform for future career growth within the company.
INVISTA brings to market the proprietary ingredients for nylon 6,6 and recognized brands including CORDURA® and ANTRON®. INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., which is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $110 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ nearly 130,000 people worldwide, with about 67,000 of those in the United States.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Review credit applications/references/financials and make decisions on extending credit
- Ensure customers pay timely per contractual obligations or business expectations
- Work with Risk team members to address critical collections issues
- Make credit decisions on blocking/releasing customer goods for shipment
- Communicate status of receivables portfolio to the Risk and Commercial teams
- Resolve invoice and customer balance discrepancies and help drive root cause analysis and fixes
- Work closely with the cash application team and customers to ensure correct and timely cash application
- Challenge the status quo and drive transformation through automation or process improvements
- Advance our Market-Based Management® (MBM®) culture by applying and reinforcing the company’s Guiding Principles
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable/Collections processes and best practices
- Customer service experience supporting internal and/or external customers
- Ability to prioritize a high volume of requests and communicate effectively with customers and internal stakeholders via telephone, email, chat, and video calls
- Microsoft Office or Office 365 experience: (Word, Outlook, Teams) including Excel (spreadsheet creation/edits, pivot tables, data analysis)
- Ability to travel for onboarding and as business needs require, including overnight stays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two or more years of accounts receivable/collections experience will put you ahead!
- Associates degree or higher (Accounting, Finance or Business concentration is preferred)
- Previous Credit/Risk decision experience
- Experience working with International locations
- Salesforce or SAP experience
- Experience with (Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, Denodo, etc.) or other data visualization software/tools
- Process Improvement / Process Transformation / Process Implementation experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com